“A Drop In Class” First Saturday of Every Month, 2pm to 4:30pm
While there are many forms of meditation readily available these days, Rigpa Newcastle offers authentic meditation practices drawn from the centuries-old Tibetan tradition and examines their relevance in our busy modern lives.
Rigpa’s Introduction to Meditation includes:
- an introduction to how to meditate
- time and space to really familiarise yourself with meditation practice
- discussion of how we can bring the benefits of meditation into every aspect of our daily lives
- a teaching on a different theme or topic each month as listed below
- time for tea and a chat
These sessions are for newcomers to Buddhism and meditation, as well as those who already have some experience with meditation and wish to deepen their understanding and practice. This is not a course so feel free to come along to any session that suits you. No need to register, just drop in.
Rigpa’s policy is that financial difficulties should not be an obstacle to attending our classes. If this is an issue please discuss with one of our volunteers.
Fee: Standard $25 Concession/Student $15
List of topics for 2018:
- January 6: Preventing Burnout
- February 3: Mastering your Mind
- March 3: Working with Anger
- April 7: Transforming Loneliness
- May 5: Healing Depression
- June 2: The Power of Forgiveness
- July 7: Truth, Love and Relationships
- August 4: Meditation for Everyday Life
- September 1: Overcoming Fear and Anxiety
- October 6: How to Deal with Physical Pain
- November 3: Healing Low Self Esteem
- December 1: Transforming Uncomfortable Situations